Infants & Older Infants
The infant rooms at Carriage House provide a nurturing environment for babies to grow and explore.
AGES: 6 weeks – 12 months
PROGRAM RUNS: Year round, beginning in September
DAYS: 2, 3 or 5 days
See our Tuition Rates page for more information on options.
- In close partnership with parents, caregivers learn the language of each infant and individualize routines and schedules to promote a sense of safety, comfort, and predictability.
- Teachers reinforce each child’s emerging language, by building vocabulary with books, songs, dialogue, and new sensory experiences.
- Classrooms engage infants with a variety of materials, textures, natural experiences, and play choices.
- Infant schedules integrate a balance of quiet and active times, outdoor experiences, meals and snacks, individual and small group times, and times to explore materials and space.
- Teachers foster a sense of capability and efficacy as infants grow in their ability to navigate the world around them.
- Through skilled observation, teachers support development, introduce meaningful experiences, and share with families.