The preschool classrooms at Carriage House are lively, caring environments for active learners.
AGES: 3 years old
PROGRAM RUNS: September through May, with summer programming available here
HOURS: Part-time (9am-1pm or 9am–3:30pm) or full-time
DAYS: 3 or 5 days
See our Tuition Rates page for more information on options.
- Children exercise choice within a predictable framework to grow in independence and a sense of self.
- Teachers employ open-ended questions to deepen areas of interest, engage children’s curiosity, and foster social skills.
- Learning areas such as dramatic play, library, building, small manipulatives, sensory, art, and writing provide a learning environment that sparks all areas of a child’s development.
- Interactions with classmates bring collaborative and imaginative play.
- Scheduled gym times, outdoor excursions, and active group experiences give children the space, time, and materials to practice and refine motor skills.
- Teachers provide mentoring and direction as children grow in expressing their feelings and sharing with others.
- Children attend music class building a repertoire of familiar songs and experimenting with different kinds of movement.
- Children develop sound awareness through conversations, words games, songs, chants, and stories that pave the way for reading skills.
- Through skilled observation, teachers support development, introduce meaningful experiences, and share with families.