Young Toddlers & Toddlers
The toddler rooms at Carriage House are rich environments for active learners to engage the world around them.
AGES: 13 months – 23 months
PROGRAM RUNS: Year round, beginning in September
DAYS: 2, 3 or 5 days
See our Tuition Rates page for more information on options.
- Teachers create learning areas filled with interesting, meaningful, and hands-on materials to explore and create.
- Teachers support the language explosion of toddlers through new experiences, engaged conversation, and communication with parents.
- Teachers help children enter into the social life of the toddler community as they connect with other children and caring adults, test their ideas, and gain feedback about their actions, feelings and perceptions.
- Toddlers gain a sense of self-control and independence by making choices and solving problems.
- Weekly small-group music class increases creative expression and recall.
- Each toddler room has a “porch” at the entry that serves as a small group space for creative art experiences where toddlers explore shape, color, and texture.
- Through skilled observation, teachers support development, introduce meaningful experiences, and share with families.