The pre-Kindergarten classrooms at Carriage House continue to develop skills across all domains to prepare children for a successful transition to primary school.
AGES: 4 years old
PROGRAM RUNS: September through May, with summer programming available here
HOURS: Part-time (9am-1pm or 9am–3:30pm) or full-time
DAYS: 3 or 5 days
See our Tuition Rates page for more information on options.
- Teachers create a stimulating environment that directs but also responds to each child’s burgeoning abilities.
- Our curriculum positions teachers as resources, problem-posers, guides, and partners to the children in the process of discovery and investigation.
- Opportunities to create, write, and express are freely available for children throughout the day.
- Teachers facilitate the building of collaborative relationships and provide opportunities for children to play in pairs, small groups, large groups, and individually.
- Scheduled gym and outdoor times with an array of equipment provide the space needed for children to practice and acquire motor skills.
- Music class invites children to write their own music as well as participate in field trips to local venues that enrich their experiences.
- Through skilled observation, teachers support development, introduce meaningful experiences, and share with families.